Translation of stew in Spanish:
- estofado (masculine), guiso (masculine) to be/get in a stew [colloquial/familiar] estar*/ponerse* nerviosoExample sentences
- No wonder they're in a stew - we keep occupying their territory.
- Consider all the people who sat home in a stew in 1968 rather than vote for Hubert Humphrey.
- Hadn't they gotten in a stew with her over him in the first place because of that?
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- [meat/fruit] cocer* don't let the tea stew (British English/inglés británico) no dejes el té mucho tiempo en infusión to let sb stew in her/his own juice dejar sufrir a algn let him stew (in his own juice) for a while déjalo que sufra or déjalo sufrir un rato
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In Spain, a school that is privately owned but receives a government grant is called a colegio concertado. Parents pay monthly fees, but not as much as in a