Translation of stew in Spanish:
- estofado (masculine), guiso (masculine) to be/get in a stew [colloquial/familiar] estar*/ponerse* nerviosoExample sentences
- No wonder they're in a stew - we keep occupying their territory.
- Consider all the people who sat home in a stew in 1968 rather than vote for Hubert Humphrey.
- Hadn't they gotten in a stew with her over him in the first place because of that?
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- [meat/fruit] cocer* don't let the tea stew (British English/inglés británico) no dejes el té mucho tiempo en infusión to let sb stew in her/his own juice dejar sufrir a algn let him stew (in his own juice) for a while déjalo que sufra or déjalo sufrir un rato
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
An estanco is an establishment selling tobacco, stamps, bus and subway passes and other products whose sale is restricted. Cigarettes etc are sold in bars and cafés but at higher prices. Estancos also sell stationery and sometimes newspapers.