Translation of stew in Spanish:
- to be/get in a stew [colloquial]estar/ponerse nerviosoExample sentences
- No wonder they're in a stew - we keep occupying their territory.
- Consider all the people who sat home in a stew in 1968 rather than vote for Hubert Humphrey.
- Hadn't they gotten in a stew with her over him in the first place because of that?
- (meat/fruit)don't let the tea stew (British English)to let somebody stew in her/his own juiceno dejes el té mucho tiempo en infusiónlet him stew (in his own juice) for a whiledejar sufrir a alguiendéjalo que sufra or déjalo sufrir un ratoExample sentences
- They can be used in spring salads; and their sweetness can be used to remove sourness from food, particularly fruit, so it is useful to add some when stewing rhubarb or gooseberries.
- Braising, steaming, poaching, stewing, and microwaving meats minimize the production of these chemicals.
- The chef swore that he did not add gourmet powder to the soup when we asked how he maintained such tasty flavors after stewing the dish on a fire for at least four hours.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Spain, a geographical, social, and culturally homogeneous region, with a clear natural or administrative demarcation is called a comarca. Comarcas are normally smaller than