Translation of stew in Spanish:
- to be/get in a stew [colloquial]estar/ponerse nerviosoExample sentences
- No wonder they're in a stew - we keep occupying their territory.
- Consider all the people who sat home in a stew in 1968 rather than vote for Hubert Humphrey.
- Hadn't they gotten in a stew with her over him in the first place because of that?
- (meat/fruit)don't let the tea stew (British English)
cocerno dejes el té mucho tiempo en infusiónto let somebody stew in her/his own juicedejar sufrir a alguienlet him stew (in his own juice) for a whiledéjalo que sufra or déjalo sufrir un ratoExample sentences
- They can be used in spring salads; and their sweetness can be used to remove sourness from food, particularly fruit, so it is useful to add some when stewing rhubarb or gooseberries.
- Braising, steaming, poaching, stewing, and microwaving meats minimize the production of these chemicals.
- The chef swore that he did not add gourmet powder to the soup when we asked how he maintained such tasty flavors after stewing the dish on a fire for at least four hours.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.