Translation of stew in Spanish:
- to be/get in a stew [colloquial]estar/ponerse nerviosoExample sentences
- No wonder they're in a stew - we keep occupying their territory.
- Consider all the people who sat home in a stew in 1968 rather than vote for Hubert Humphrey.
- Hadn't they gotten in a stew with her over him in the first place because of that?
hacer compota deExample sentences
- They can be used in spring salads; and their sweetness can be used to remove sourness from food, particularly fruit, so it is useful to add some when stewing rhubarb or gooseberries.
- Braising, steaming, poaching, stewing, and microwaving meats minimize the production of these chemicals.
- The chef swore that he did not add gourmet powder to the soup when we asked how he maintained such tasty flavors after stewing the dish on a fire for at least four hours.
- (meat/fruit)don't let the tea stew (British)
cocerno dejes el té mucho tiempo en infusiónto let somebody stew in her/his own juicedejar sufrir a alguienlet him stew (in his own juice) for a whiledéjalo que sufra or déjalo sufrir un rato
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.