- 1.1 (for walking) zanco (masculine)More example sentences1.2 [Architecture/Arquitectura] pilote (masculine) a house built on stilts una casa construida sobre pilotes
More example sentences
- The entertainers stood out from the crowd, especially the drag queen on top of an eight foot high pair of stilts.
- ‘I can't remember when I got my very first pair of stilts, but I was very young, and I just went from there,’ she said.
- So he and his ensemble created a show featuring nine giraffes, each manned by two actors and a pair of stilts.
- Traditional buildings use stilts, heat-drawing chimneys, and spatial planning to increase ventilation and heat dissipation.
- Baan Dvara Prateep is a compound of brand new wooden buildings erected on wooden stilts by the river bank.
- Like most buildings in the region, these must be raised off the ground on low piles or stilts to ward off termites and rot.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Spain's War of Independence against Napoleon Bonaparte's French occupation was ignited by the popular revolt in Madrid on 2 May 1808 against the French army. With support from the Duke of Wellington, Spanish resistance continued for over five years in a guerra de guerrillas which gave the world the concept and the term guerrilla warfare. The autocratic Fernando VII was restored to the throne in 1814, and his first act was to abolish the progressive Constitution of Cadiz adopted in 1812.