Translation of stimulate in Spanish:
- 1.1(organism/nerves/circulation)Example sentences1.2
(person)to stimulate somebody to +
- Intrauterine devices work primarily as a foreign body stimulating the immune system into producing an excess of leukocytes and prostaglandins.
- Together, all of these treatments are supposed to cleanse your body and stimulate your immune system.
- The cause of migraine is not fully understood but involves the balance between the body processes that stimulate the nervous system and those that relax it.
infinitiveestimular or alentar a alguien para que+ subjunctiveExample sentences
- This enthusiasm stimulates the interest of the reader.
- Her infectious enthusiasm and personal encouragement stimulated many younger scientists to work in the field.
- The unexpected discovery of this cycle has stimulated much interest in the field as well as in the popular press.
- The industry suggests a number of changes, which it said would contribute towards stimulating economic growth and development.
- The ECB policy of cutting rates was and is designed to stimulate economic growth.
- For many species, GA 3 produced by developing seeds stimulates the growth and maturation of that fruit.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In some Andean countries, particularly Chile, onces is a light meal eaten between five and six p.m., the equivalent of "afternoon tea" in Britain. In Colombia, on the other hand, onces is a light snack eaten between breakfast and lunch. It is also known as mediasnueves.