Translation of stimulus in Spanish:
noun plural stimuliPronunciation: /-laɪ/
- 1 countable (Biology)Example sentences
- They had slower reaction times for visual and auditory stimuli, as well as subtle chorea, dystonia, and nystagmus.
- They are conditioned to respond to an auditory stimulus by, for example, dropping a block when a sound is heard through earphones.
- The Tullio phenomenon represents vestibular symptoms and/or eye movements evoked by a sound stimulus.
- 2 countable and uncountable (spur, encouragement)Example sentences
- The present out and out secularism of the state could prove to be a stimulus to genuine ecumenism.
- Also, if devaluation acts as a stimulus for growth in America this could have a positive knock-on effect in the rest of the world.
- America's goods and services become cheaper abroad so it acts as a stimulus for the US economy.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.