Translation of stoke in Spanish:
echarle carbón ( or leña etc) aExample sentences
- On washdays, the tub was filled with cold water using buckets, and a wood or coal fire was stoked up.
- The furnaces that fed them fizzled out long ago, the coal that stoked the fires lies unexcavated in flooded mines.
- Leaning over, she took hold of an iron stick and with it poked at the fire, stoking the dying flames.
- Unanswered, its effect is to stoke resentment and encourage conflict.
- Exactly 100 years ago this week, Wales was in the midst of a fervent religious revival led by a young Methodist, stoking fanatical excitement and emotional excesses.
- These ads are geared to stoke voter emotions and fears to hammer a candidate on a controversial issue.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.