Translation of stomach in Spanish:
- 1 (organ) I have an upset stomachando mal del estómagoon an empty stomach I've got a weak stomachsufro del estómagoit turns my stomachme revuelve el estómagoyou need to have a very strong stomach to sit through one of his filmsse necesita tener estómago para ver sus películasto be sick to one's stomach(nauseated) tener náuseas(disgusted) estar asqueadoto have no stomach for somethingI've got no stomach for fried food so early in the dayno me apetece comer frituras tan tempranothey had no stomach for an all-out strikeno se atrevieron a hacer una huelga general(before noun) stomach musclemúsculo (masculine) del estómagoExample sentences
- For most other common solid tumours such as those of lung, oesophagus, stomach, or pancreas, only limited survival gains have been achieved.
- Smooth cells make up the stomach, intestine, blood vessels and other organs.
- The idea was that fibre fills the stomach and reduces the desire to overeat.
- 2 (belly) stomachs in! chests out!¡adentro esa barriga! ¡saquen pecho!she lay on her stomachestaba tendida boca abajoExample sentences
- My favourite part of a guy's body is his stomach and then his chest.
- He stood in front of me, looking down at his stomach and chest.
- Furtive glances dissect her at thighs, hips, stomach, chest and face.
transitive verb usually negative
- Just days after her birth, Stacey was diagnosed with the disease when doctors found a tube in her intestine was blocked and she could not stomach any food.
- While he could actually stomach the food, I couldn't and choose a banana and water.
- All my meals were on the set, when I could actually stomach food.
- 2Example sentences
- From soundings I've taken inside the Labour Party, people cannot stomach a war and some are going to leave the party.
- Ideologies that affirm a set of basic truths, such as feminism and classical or neo-Marxism, cannot stomach postmodernism.
- Howard's government ‘cannot stomach the truth of their policy failings’.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.