- 1 1.1 (have a stoop) she's beginning to stoop se está encorvando he stoops a little es un poco cargado de espaldas or encorvado 1.2(stooping pres p)[posture] encorvado; [shoulders] caídoMore example sentences
- During the Brixton riots inquiry in 1981 his tall, stooping figure appeared regularly on television.
- Though he stoops over as if gravity is dragging down his meaty shoulders, Rod standing tall is six feet six inches and 270 pounds.
- His injuries healed but as he grew bigger the scar tissue contracted and he began to stoop like an old man.
- 2 (bend over) agacharseMore example sentences
- I was pruning the flowerbeds, mowing the grass, that sort of thing, and had just stooped down to pick up a piece of litter when a red rubber ball landed about twenty centimetres from me.
- Instinctively Loretta stooped down to pick it up.
- Jorge stooped down, picked it up and dusted it off.
La movida madrileña is an expression referring to the Madrid social and cultural scene of the late 1970s and early 1980s, and the people involved in it. It was a youth phenomenon based around night spots in the city, such as the now defunct club Rock-Ola. One of the leading lights of the movida was the movie director Pedro Almodóvar.
- 1 (of shoulders) (no pl) he has a slight stoop es un poco cargado de espaldas or encorvado she walks with a stoop camina encorvadaMore example sentences
- He noticed a beginning, almost imperceptible touch of red around her eyes, a stoop to her shoulders that had not been there before.
- Now 71, he is tanned and tall, with a slight stoop.
- Tuck was angular and lean, with a slight stoop, as he is today.
- 2 (of house) (AmE) entrada (f) (a la que se accede por una escalinata)More example sentences
- We've been sitting on the front stoop of an unlit house, blinking into the darkness, waiting, or so we thought.
- Momentarily, I will get up, take a few steps down the hallway, and peek out onto our front stoop.
- I was legitimately surprised when I saw Tucker, along with Emma and Hayden standing on the front stoop of my father's house.