Translation of stoppage in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (in play, production) the time added on for stoppages (in soccer)el tiempo de descuento
los descuentos (Southern Cone)Example sentences1.2 (strike) 1.3 (cancellation) 1.4 (deduction)
- Residents of Viewmount and Powerscourt have experienced stoppages of their water supply during the last week, from late night until around seven the next morning.
- Besides production, the fertilizer companies also use natural gas for fuel, and because of the stoppage in their supplies they were unable to deliver their remaining fertilizer stock to market.
- Some 46 prohibition notices were served, which required the immediate stoppage of particular work activities or prohibiting the use of machinery until it was made safe.
retención (feminine)Example sentences
- She is claiming sexual discrimination, constructive dismissal and unlawful stoppages from her wages.
- The gist of his letter is that one only gets what one pays for, and that perhaps it is time that we saw contributions such as rates as contributions rather than stoppages.
- The basic pay is £280 a week before tax and stoppages.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.