Translation of straightaway in Spanish:
adverb/adverbio ( also straight away)/ˌstreɪtəˈweɪ/
- enseguida I'll do it straightaway ahora mismo or enseguida lo hago she did it straightaway lo hizo enseguida or inmediatamenteExample sentences
- The Inspector, who was also at the meeting, urged anyone finding drugs paraphernalia, including burned tin foil and syringes, to contact the police straightaway.
- Child protection officers will be under instructions to report any allegations straightaway to Mr Morris and to appropriate authorities such as police and social services.
- Linda took the courageous decision to waive her anonymity in the hope of encouraging other victims of sexual and physical abuse to report their situations to the police straightaway.
- (American English/inglés norteamericano) recta (feminine)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
A patera is a boat with a shallow draft, used by illegal immigrants, known as balseros, to cross the Straits of Gibraltar from Morocco to southern Spain.