Translation of strained in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (tense)(voice)
forzadoExample sentences1.2 (unnatural, forced)
- The elevator ride seemed endless, full of strained silence and uneasy sideways glances.
- There was an awkward and strained silence between them for a moment, but it was broken by a familiar female voice.
- We sat in silence for several strained minutes, feeling awkward in one another's presence.
- ‘It's not every day something like that happens,’ he said with a rather strained smile.
- Sam smiled a bit as the rest offered their own strained smiles and laughs to his amusing but rather frighteningly honest statement.
- She doesn't look any different and she's actually wearing a rather strained smile.
- 2 (Medicine)(eyes)a strained muscle
cansadoun esguinceExample sentences
- Several minutes of strained, nervous gazing about the room passed.
- Alex's voice held a strained edge, sounding as if it would break any minute.
- Before she can shake her head in strained resignation, Rhett Remiel steps up next to the table.
- 3 (Cookery)strained yogurtyogur (masculine) espeso or sin sueroExample sentences
- A bowl of strained strawberry sauce was put out to dip them.
- Pour the strained liquor into a sugar-rimmed martini glass and garnish with lemon peel.
- Pour the strained mixture into the chilled glass, then layer with more crushed ice.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.