Translation of strangle in Spanish:
(originality)to strangle the economy
- It took all my will power to keep myself from strangling that person to death.
- Sometimes, I felt like strangling him to death.
- Then, in some unexplained way, the sprocket chain tore loose and managed to wrap itself about the boy's neck, strangling him.
coartarestrangular la economíaExample sentences1.3
also: strangled past participlea strangled cryun grito ahogadoin a strangled voicecon voz ahogada or estrangulada
- His family acquired wealth beyond their wildest dreams and a measure of power that still strangles the development of democracy in Chile.
- Business is telling us that an assembly would strangle growth.
- I have firm proposals to reduce the bureaucracy which is strangling farming.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.