- 1.1 [person] estrangularMore example sentences1.2 [originality] coartar; [protests] sofocar*, ahogar* to strangle the economy estrangular la economía
More example sentences1.3
- It took all my will power to keep myself from strangling that person to death.
- Sometimes, I felt like strangling him to death.
- Then, in some unexplained way, the sprocket chain tore loose and managed to wrap itself about the boy's neck, strangling him.
(strangled past p)ahogado a strangled cry un grito ahogado in a strangled voice con voz ahogada or estrangulada
- His family acquired wealth beyond their wildest dreams and a measure of power that still strangles the development of democracy in Chile.
- Business is telling us that an assembly would strangle growth.
- I have firm proposals to reduce the bureaucracy which is strangling farming.
- ahogarse* I almost strangled on a fishbone (AmE) casi me ahogo con una espina de pescado
Browse other language resources
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...