Translation of straphanger in Spanish:
- [colloquial](persona que viaja en transporte público, muchas veces de pie)Example sentences
- A good Samaritan who was viciously slashed as he defended another subway rider from a razor-wielding robber said yesterday no other passengers came to his aid - not even the straphanger he rescued.
- The other straphangers look at me with stony faces.
- For the third year now, the spirits of weary straphangers on Calgary transit will be lifted.
- New York's most beautiful outer-borough neighborhoods have a harder time competing with Westchester and New Jersey for affluent residents when straphangers must endure brutal commutes.
- On my daily commute to work, I always notice a newspaper salesman at a dangerous intersection of the Grand Central Parkway, hawking all of New York's hometown papers for both straphangers and drivers.
- But there will be plenty of other victims - starting with the 7 million straphangers and 600,000 schoolchildren who depend on city subways and buses every day.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.