Translation of stratum in Spanish:
noun plural -ta
- 1.1 (Archaeol, Geology)Example sentences
Example sentences1.2 (Biology)
- Carboniferous to Cretaceous strata are exposed in an extensive series of outcrops along the east coast of Greenland.
- The deposition of Palaeogene siliciclastic shelf strata in the Wessex Basin cannot be interpreted exclusively in terms of fluctuations in relative sea level.
- Additional control on the subsurface continuity of the strata is provided by seismic data.
Example sentences1.3 (Linguistics)
- Women, of all ages, education, and social strata love the gossip magazines!
- There is no question that the working class must strive to win the support of other classes and intermediate social strata in the struggle against global capitalism.
- The approaches of different countries, social strata and classes differ as well.
- Cody's hypothesis would require that an individual remains within a smaller stratum in the high-density layer than in the low-density layer.
- The decision to baptize chips under a thin liquid stratum will allow the making of circuits with features that measure the breadth of a virus.
- If a school refused to participate, they selected a replacement school within the same stratum.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
ESO (Educación Secundaria Obligatoria) is one of the stages of secondary education established in Spain by the