noun/nombre (plural -ta)
- 1.1 [Archaeol] [Geology/Geología] estrato (masculine); [Sociology/Sociología] estrato (masculine), nivel (masculine)More example sentences
More example sentences1.2 [Biology/Biología] estrato (masculine)
- Carboniferous to Cretaceous strata are exposed in an extensive series of outcrops along the east coast of Greenland.
- The deposition of Palaeogene siliciclastic shelf strata in the Wessex Basin cannot be interpreted exclusively in terms of fluctuations in relative sea level.
- Additional control on the subsurface continuity of the strata is provided by seismic data.
More example sentences1.3 [Linguistics/Lingüística] estrato (masculine)
- Women, of all ages, education, and social strata love the gossip magazines!
- There is no question that the working class must strive to win the support of other classes and intermediate social strata in the struggle against global capitalism.
- The approaches of different countries, social strata and classes differ as well.
- Cody's hypothesis would require that an individual remains within a smaller stratum in the high-density layer than in the low-density layer.
- The decision to baptize chips under a thin liquid stratum will allow the making of circuits with features that measure the breadth of a virus.
- If a school refused to participate, they selected a replacement school within the same stratum.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Every year the charitable Fundación Príncipe de Asturias makes eight awards in various categories. They are presented by the Príncipe de Asturias, the heir to the Spanish throne, in the Asturian city of Oviedo. The prize includes a monetary reward of 50,000 euros and a sculpture by the Catalan artist Joan Miró. Winners have included: the writers Umberto Eco and Mario Vargas Llosa; the politicians Nelson Mandela and Yasser Arafat; the organization Médecins sans Frontières; the scientist Stephen Hawking; and the golfer Severiano Ballesteros.