Translation of straw in Spanish:
- 1.1 uncountable/no numerable paja (feminine) (before noun/delante del nombre) straw hat/mattress sombrero (masculine)/colchón (masculine) de paja straw mat estera (feminine)Example sentences1.2 countable/numerable (single stalk) paja (feminine), pajita (feminine) we'll draw straws for it el que saque la paja or pajita más corta lo hace I always draw the short straw siempre me toca a mí bailar con la más fea [colloquial/familiar] [humorous/humorístico] a straw in the wind un indicio de cómo andan las cosas not to care/give a straw o two straws for sth [colloquial/familiar] I don't care a straw for her opinion me importa un comino or un pepino or un rábano lo que piense [colloquial/familiar] to be the last o final straw ser* el colmo, ser* lo último this is the last straw! ¡esto ya es el colmo or lo último! to clutch o catch o grasp at straws aferrarse desesperadamente a una esperanza the straw which broke the camel's back la gota que colmó el vaso or (Mexico/México) que derramó el vino
Example sentences1.3 countable/numerable (for drinking) pajita (feminine), paja (feminine), caña (feminine) (Spain/España) , pitillo (masculine) (Colombia) , popote (masculine) (Mexico/México) to drink sth through a straw beber algo con una pajita ( or paja etc)
- This unique facility will be constructed with natural materials - plastered straw bale walls with a turf roof.
- The directive does require farmers to supply pigs with rooting materials such as straw, hay, wood, sawdust, compost or peat.
- I am afraid I do not follow the reasoning as wheat straw thatch has been a common roof covering for hundreds of years.
- To tickle a horse's belly with a straw (the childhood memory), she had to select a single straw.
- She stares at him and he looks at her and she asks, ‘Why are you chewing a straw?’
- ‘Of course,’ Mike replied between chews on a straw held carelessly between his teeth.
- She was straddled across a terrified studenty looking lad who was drinking from a straw in the bottle.
- They are then asked to blow through a straw into a glass tube with a screw cap lid.
- To keep the stems standing straight, slip them into clear plastic drinking straws or vinyl tubing.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Bonoloto is a Spanish state lottery established in 1988. The others are the Lotería Nacional and the Lotería Primitiva. As with the Lotería Primitiva six numbers are marked on a ticket showing forty-nine numbers and win the main prize if all the numbers come up in the draw.