Translation of stricken in Spanish:
- 1.1 (afflicted)stricken
withsomethinga man stricken with diseaseun hombre enfermostricken with terrible arthritisaquejado de terrible artritisa country stricken with famine I was suddenly stricken with remorsede pronto me empezó a remorder la conciencia1.2 (damaged) an area stricken by frequent floodsuna zona azotada por frecuentes inundacionesthe industry has been stricken by the recessionla industria se ha visto afectada por la recesiónExample sentences1.3 (sorrowful) 1.4 (wounded) [archaic or liter]
- The stricken look on his face tells us that the narcissist has no answer and never will.
- Instead, I took one look at your stricken face and ran all the way to Piccadilly Circus.
- Less than a full hour into my set, the club owner burst into the DJ booth, a stricken look on his face.
- The pressure of school tests is forcing children stricken with serious infections into school to sit exams.
- God, whose plan is ineffable, foreordained that the heart of Jesus would be stricken with seven afflictions.
- She was stricken with immense pain and she immediately covered the injured optic orb with her hands.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.