Translation of stricken in Spanish:
- 1.1 (afflicted)stricken
withsth a man stricken with disease un hombre enfermo stricken with terrible arthritis aquejado de terrible artritis a country stricken with famine un país asolado por el hambre I was suddenly stricken with remorse de pronto me empezó a remorder la conciencia 1.2 (damaged) [vessel] siniestrado [formal], dañado; (devastated) [area/valley] damnificado, afectado an area stricken by frequent floods una zona azotada por frecuentes inundaciones the industry has been stricken by the recession la industria se ha visto afectada por la recesiónExample sentences1.3 (sorrowful) [community/families] afligido, acongojado 1.4 (wounded) [archaic or liter] [soldier/deer] herido
- The stricken look on his face tells us that the narcissist has no answer and never will.
- Instead, I took one look at your stricken face and ran all the way to Piccadilly Circus.
- Less than a full hour into my set, the club owner burst into the DJ booth, a stricken look on his face.
- The pressure of school tests is forcing children stricken with serious infections into school to sit exams.
- God, whose plan is ineffable, foreordained that the heart of Jesus would be stricken with seven afflictions.
- She was stricken with immense pain and she immediately covered the injured optic orb with her hands.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Bonoloto is a Spanish state lottery established in 1988. The others are the Lotería Nacional and the Lotería Primitiva. As with the Lotería Primitiva six numbers are marked on a ticket showing forty-nine numbers and win the main prize if all the numbers come up in the draw.