Translation of stricken in Spanish:
- 1 (afflicted)stricken
withsomethinga man stricken with diseaseun hombre enfermostricken with terrible arthritisaquejado de terrible artritisa country stricken with famine I was suddenly stricken with remorsede pronto me empezó a remorder la concienciaExample sentences
- The stricken look on his face tells us that the narcissist has no answer and never will.
- Instead, I took one look at your stricken face and ran all the way to Piccadilly Circus.
- Less than a full hour into my set, the club owner burst into the DJ booth, a stricken look on his face.
- 2 (damaged) an area stricken by frequent floodsuna zona azotada por frecuentes inundacionesthe industry has been stricken by the recessionla industria se ha visto afectada por la recesiónExample sentences
- The pressure of school tests is forcing children stricken with serious infections into school to sit exams.
- God, whose plan is ineffable, foreordained that the heart of Jesus would be stricken with seven afflictions.
- She was stricken with immense pain and she immediately covered the injured optic orb with her hands.
- 4 (wounded) (archaic or literary)(soldier/deer)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.