Translation of strict in Spanish:
adjective -er, -est
- 1 1.1 (severe) to be strict
withsomebodyser estricto or severo conalguienExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 (rigorous) she's a strict adherent to the rules
- It was a strict upbringing in which rules were sacrosanct, orders were obeyed without question and everyone knew their place.
- His voice was hard and harsh, strict and stern, sad and happy all at the same time.
- I was also concerned about how scarily strict the authorities down here are on drug use.
se adhiere estrictamente a las normasExample sentences
- Spitting in and littering of public places can be stopped by enforcing strict rules as well as fines and punishments.
- Nowadays, strict regulations are enforced, banning any type of fishing in the immediate area.
- Enforcing strict rules is the only option available for any vital change in our civic sense.
- Now I am a strict follower of this rule about no corporal punishment whatsoever.
- People still have to learn why and how to support these strict followers of the Buddha.
- And certainly a strict believer in the rule of law like this Supreme Court Justice would agree.
- 2 2.1 (exact, precise) (before noun) in strict order of arrivalpor riguroso or estricto orden de llegadain the strict sense of the worden el sentido estricto or riguroso de la palabraExample sentences2.2 (complete) (before noun) in strictest secrecy
en el más absoluto secretoreply in the strictest confidencese garantiza absoluta reserva
- While true in a strict sense, the fallacy is that most of the assumptions necessary for this argument to be true are not realistic.
- It is obviously impossible to love all men in any strict and true sense.
- This group is unwavering in its strict literal interpretation of the Bible.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.