Translation of strictly in Spanish:
- 1 (severely)Example sentences
- Chirac declared that entry points into EU countries would have to be much more strictly controlled and demanded consistent procedures to combat people smugglers.
- It supports ongoing audit initiatives by ensuring controls and policies are strictly enforced, in order to ensure compliance across the enterprise.
- Restoration of the diploid stage is often strictly controlled and brings together products separated at the first meiotic division.
- 3 (exactly) that's not strictly trueeso no es totalmente or del todo ciertoExample sentences
- In other words, strictly speaking, there are no irreversible processes.
- More strictly speaking, the word nebula should be reserved for gas and dust clouds and not for groups of stars.
- The " no work, no pay " rule has been strictly applied to workers who strike illegally.
- 4 (exclusively) this is strictly between ourselvesque quede entre nosotros
que no salga de aquíExample sentences
- The conference ran on strictly professional lines.
- I agreed with him on some things, disagreed on many more, but it was all strictly business - I never hated him, or even particularly disliked him.
- People are learning English as a second language - that is, as a business language, strictly communicative and idiom-neutral.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.