Translation of strictly in Spanish:
- 1.1 (severely) 1.2 (rigorously) smoking is strictly prohibitedfumar está terminantemente prohibidostrictly (speaking) (sentence adv)en rigor
en sentido estricto
hablando con propiedadExample sentences1.3 (exactly) that's not strictly true
eso no es totalmente or del todo ciertoExample sentences1.4 (exclusively) this is strictly between ourselves
- Chirac declared that entry points into EU countries would have to be much more strictly controlled and demanded consistent procedures to combat people smugglers.
- It supports ongoing audit initiatives by ensuring controls and policies are strictly enforced, in order to ensure compliance across the enterprise.
- Restoration of the diploid stage is often strictly controlled and brings together products separated at the first meiotic division.
que quede entre nosotros
- In other words, strictly speaking, there are no irreversible processes.
- More strictly speaking, the word nebula should be reserved for gas and dust clouds and not for groups of stars.
- The " no work, no pay " rule has been strictly applied to workers who strike illegally.
que no salga de aquíExample sentences
- The conference ran on strictly professional lines.
- I agreed with him on some things, disagreed on many more, but it was all strictly business - I never hated him, or even particularly disliked him.
- People are learning English as a second language - that is, as a business language, strictly communicative and idiom-neutral.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.