Translation of stride in Spanish:
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo (past tense of/pasado de strode past participle of/participio pasado de, stridden /ˈstrɪdn/ (+ adverb complement/+ adverbio predicativo))
- he strode up and down the platform iba y venía por el andén dando grandes zancadas he came striding down the stairs bajó las escaleras a zancadas he strode away/off angrily se fue furioso, dando grandes zancadas she strode purposefully into the room entró con aire resuelto en la habitaciónExample sentences
- Will just gave me a look of such utter wrath and betrayal that I took an involuntary step backwards as he strode towards me.
- I turned to find Mrs. Abernathy striding down the steps toward us, looking and sounding harassed and more than a little stressed.
- I strode confidently towards it, until I realised that my steep drive now resembled an ice rink.
- 1.1 (long step) zancada (feminine), tranco (masculine) in one o a single stride de una zancada to make (great) strides hacer* (grandes) progresos she's been making great strides toward recovery se recupera a pasos agigantados 1.2 (gait) paso (masculine) she walks with a vigorous stride camina con paso enérgico to get into o hit one's stride agarrar or (especially Spain/especialmente España) coger* el ritmo the campaign is now well in its stride la campaña está ya en marcha to put o throw sb off her/his stride hacerle* perder el ritmo a algn to take sth in one's stride tomarse algo con calma he takes everything in his stride se lo toma todo con calma
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Defensor del pueblo is an ombudsman nominated by the Spanish Parliament to defend the rights of citizens against government maladministration. If he upholds a complaint he advises the administration on appropriate compensation. This post, under the same name, also exists in some Latin American countries.