Translation of strident in Spanish:
- 1.1(tone/voice)Example sentences1.2
- I tried to sleep on the hour-long ride, but the harsh, strident sound became louder and the long menacing finger pointed angrily.
- The only real flaw comes from the age and technical limitations of the time, which results in a somewhat harsh and strident sound on occasion.
- Its raw strident sound was one of the first to make use of the rhythms of jazz.
- He likes to hold the floor and has strident views on just about everything.
- Such strident views worry me, but I leave the politics of England to those here.
- The duo have a lot in common and a fresh face fronting the most successful airline in Europe would present a less strident visage to the EU and the general public.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
A portero is a superintendent in an apartment building who looks after it, keeps it clean, delivers mail, and keeps an eye on comings and goings. Porteros often have an apartment in the building as part of their pay. The portero, and particularly the female portera, are part of popular culture. They have a reputation for being inquisitive and fond of gossip.