Translation of strident in Spanish:
- 1.1 [tone/voice] estridenteExample sentences1.2 [revolutionaries/criticism] estridente
- I tried to sleep on the hour-long ride, but the harsh, strident sound became louder and the long menacing finger pointed angrily.
- The only real flaw comes from the age and technical limitations of the time, which results in a somewhat harsh and strident sound on occasion.
- Its raw strident sound was one of the first to make use of the rhythms of jazz.
- He likes to hold the floor and has strident views on just about everything.
- Such strident views worry me, but I leave the politics of England to those here.
- The duo have a lot in common and a fresh face fronting the most successful airline in Europe would present a less strident visage to the EU and the general public.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
A piñata is a hollow figure made of cardboard, or from a clay pot lined with colored paper. Filled with fruit, candy, toys, etc, and hung up at parties, people take turns to stand in front of them blindfolded and try to break them with a stick. They feature in Mexican posadas