Translation of striking in Spanish:
- 1 (eye-catching)(color)a striking woman
llamativouna mujer muy atractivahe was most striking as a young mande joven era un hombre que llamaba la atencióna striking beautyuna belleza que llama la atencióna striking example of Renaissance artun magnífico ejemplo del arte renacentistathe most striking feature of the report is …el aspecto más destacado del informe es …Example sentences
- It is also striking that the study was concerned with the factors that influence food selection, like vegetarianism.
- Moreover, it is very striking that Camper, dazzled by the visual aspect, completely forgets the role played by music in the films.
- In this light, one may be surprised by some striking similarities between Islam and its two local forerunners.
- Even if a CD cover is striking or beautiful, it's still small.
- Anne Heazle was the winner of the monthly competition with her beautiful and striking flower arrangement.
- She lifted out the coat, a deep, elegant Chinese red far more striking and beautiful than the catalogue picture.
- 2 (before noun) (on strike)(worker/nurse/miner)
en huelgaExample sentences
- One week later, food and beverage workers joined them, expanding the number of striking employees to 800.
- Both the striking workers and the employer's association have admitted privately that ‘everybody is tired of the strike’.
- A meeting between the striking workers and the employers' association has been scheduled for Monday, 15 July.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.