- 1 (eye-catching) [resemblance/similarity] sorprendente, asombroso; [color] llamativo a striking woman una mujer muy atractiva he was most striking as a young man de joven era un hombre que llamaba la atención a striking beauty una belleza que llama la atención a striking example of Renaissance art un magnífico ejemplo del arte renacentista the most striking feature of the report is … el aspecto más destacado del informe es …More example sentences
More example sentences
- It is also striking that the study was concerned with the factors that influence food selection, like vegetarianism.
- Moreover, it is very striking that Camper, dazzled by the visual aspect, completely forgets the role played by music in the films.
- In this light, one may be surprised by some striking similarities between Islam and its two local forerunners.
- Even if a CD cover is striking or beautiful, it's still small.
- Anne Heazle was the winner of the monthly competition with her beautiful and striking flower arrangement.
- She lifted out the coat, a deep, elegant Chinese red far more striking and beautiful than the catalogue picture.
- 2 (before noun/delante del nombre) (on strike) [worker/nurse/miner] en huelgaMore example sentences
- One week later, food and beverage workers joined them, expanding the number of striking employees to 800.
- Both the striking workers and the employer's association have admitted privately that ‘everybody is tired of the strike’.
- A meeting between the striking workers and the employers' association has been scheduled for Monday, 15 July.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Every year the charitable Fundación Príncipe de Asturias makes eight awards in various categories. They are presented by the Príncipe de Asturias, the heir to the Spanish throne, in the Asturian city of Oviedo. The prize includes a monetary reward of 50,000 euros and a sculpture by the Catalan artist Joan Miró. Winners have included: the writers Umberto Eco and Mario Vargas Llosa; the politicians Nelson Mandela and Yasser Arafat; the organization Médecins sans Frontières; the scientist Stephen Hawking; and the golfer Severiano Ballesteros.