Translation of striking in Spanish:
- 1 (eye-catching)(color)a striking womanhe was most striking as a young manuna mujer muy atractivaa striking beautyde joven era un hombre que llamaba la atencióna striking example of Renaissance artuna belleza que llama la atenciónthe most striking feature of the report is …un magnífico ejemplo del arte renacentistael aspecto más destacado del informe es …Example sentences
- It is also striking that the study was concerned with the factors that influence food selection, like vegetarianism.
- Moreover, it is very striking that Camper, dazzled by the visual aspect, completely forgets the role played by music in the films.
- In this light, one may be surprised by some striking similarities between Islam and its two local forerunners.
- Even if a CD cover is striking or beautiful, it's still small.
- Anne Heazle was the winner of the monthly competition with her beautiful and striking flower arrangement.
- She lifted out the coat, a deep, elegant Chinese red far more striking and beautiful than the catalogue picture.
- 2 (before noun) (on strike)(worker/nurse/miner)en huelgaExample sentences
- One week later, food and beverage workers joined them, expanding the number of striking employees to 800.
- Both the striking workers and the employer's association have admitted privately that ‘everybody is tired of the strike’.
- A meeting between the striking workers and the employers' association has been scheduled for Monday, 15 July.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Mezcal is an alcoholic drink similar to