vi (past tense of/pasado de strove or , strived past participle of/participio pasado de, striven /ˈstrɪvən/)
- 1.1 (try hard) to strive
foro aftersth luchar or esforzarse* por alcanzar algo he strives after perfection lucha or se esfuerza por alcanzar la perfección to strive to + infinitive/infinitivoesforzarse* por+ infinitive/infinitivothey strive to please their customers se esfuerzan por complacer a sus clientes he strove to save his marriage trató por todos los medios de salvar su matrimonioMore example sentences1.2 (struggle) [literary/literario] to strive
- Some people are perfectionists, constantly striving for excellence.
- Remember that your greatest ethical responsibility is to constantly strive for excellence in everything you do.
- Kirk and company are always striving to improve themselves, yet they revel in humanity's inefficiencies and imperfections.
againststh luchar contraalgoMore example sentences
- I couldn't believe I was off the boat - the thing sailors strive against at all times.
- God said to Moses, do not strive against me, or you will die; by faith only can this tribe be saved.
- I also believe the public intellectual has a position in the community that has to be fought for, striven for.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Palacio de Oriente, also known as the Palacio Real, is the official residence of the Spanish Royal Family. The Royal Family now lives in the Palacio de la Zarzuela, on the outskirts of Madrid.