- 1.1 [Military/Militar] (fortress) fortaleza (f), bastión (m); (town) plaza (f) fuerteMore example sentences1.2 (center of support) bastión (m), baluarte (m)
More example sentences
- World War I saw the evolution of a new fortification setup combining field strongholds with fortresses.
- At the same time opposition forces began building fortified strongholds in hard-to-access mountainous areas.
- Iraqi strongholds and fortified areas were sealed off with a part of coalition forces.
- He has been to Democrat strongholds, Republican bastions and across the battleground states of the Midwest.
- The middle and upper end of the market continues to be a stronghold of independent agencies such as Strutt & Parker and its peers.
- They take in the Thornton & Allerton, and Clayton & Fairweather Green wards, both Tory strongholds in local elections.
Browse other language resources
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Cultural fact of the day
The Lotería Nacional is a Spanish state-run lottery founded in 1812. There is an