- 1.1 [Mil] (fortress) fortaleza (f), bastión (m); (town) plaza (f) fuerteMore example sentences1.2 (center of support) bastión (m), baluarte (m)
More example sentences
- World War I saw the evolution of a new fortification setup combining field strongholds with fortresses.
- At the same time opposition forces began building fortified strongholds in hard-to-access mountainous areas.
- Iraqi strongholds and fortified areas were sealed off with a part of coalition forces.
- He has been to Democrat strongholds, Republican bastions and across the battleground states of the Midwest.
- The middle and upper end of the market continues to be a stronghold of independent agencies such as Strutt & Parker and its peers.
- They take in the Thornton & Allerton, and Clayton & Fairweather Green wards, both Tory strongholds in local elections.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Onda Cero is a radio network broadcasting on AM and FM. It is owned by Telefónica, Spain's most important telecommunications group.