Translation of strut in Spanish:
intransitive verb present participle strutting past tense, past participle strutted
- (+ adverb complement) to strut around or about he strutted into/out of the roomentró en/salió de la habitación pavoneándose or dándose airesshe strutted pastpasó de largo toda ufanathe cock strutted up and down the yardel gallo se paseaba ufano por el patioExample sentences
- Another guy walked in, strutting towards the group.
- Jaelyn whispered in Brooke's ear as Hugh walked, no, strutted into the room.
- Russ waddled in a feeble stride as the daughter strutted with a youthful arrogance.
- (Building)tornapunta (feminine)
riostra (feminine)Example sentences
- The struts of the high girders, which plunge down from the top like the tracks of a rollercoaster, are not absolutely straight.
- Without adding much weight to a structure, struts allow it to resist bending and buckling.
- Each wheel was carried in a fork formed by a pair of hydraulic shock absorber struts.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.