Translation of strut in Spanish:
intransitive verb -tt-
- (+ adverb complement) to strut around o about he strutted into/out of the roomshe strutted pastentró en/salió de la habitación pavoneándose or dándose airesthe cock strutted up and down the yardpasó de largo toda ufanael gallo se paseaba ufano por el patioExample sentences
- Another guy walked in, strutting towards the group.
- Jaelyn whispered in Brooke's ear as Hugh walked, no, strutted into the room.
- Russ waddled in a feeble stride as the daughter strutted with a youthful arrogance.
- (Constr)tornapunta (feminine)(Aviation)Example sentences
- The struts of the high girders, which plunge down from the top like the tracks of a rollercoaster, are not absolutely straight.
- Without adding much weight to a structure, struts allow it to resist bending and buckling.
- Each wheel was carried in a fork formed by a pair of hydraulic shock absorber struts.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Mezcal is an alcoholic drink similar to