Translation of stubborn in Spanish:
- 1.1 [person/nature] (obstinate) terco, testarudo, tozudo; (unyielding, resolute) tenaz, tesonero, perseverante; [refusal/resistance/insistence] pertinazExample sentences1.2 (difficult to manage) [cold/weeds] pertinaz, persistente; [stain] rebelde
- I'm too stubborn to admit that I'm in love with him.
- The two were just too stubborn to admit that they were wrong and the other was right.
- Jim can be just as stubborn at times.
- Trouble is it's so hot it's difficult to remove those stubborn stains.
- Cheap booze, an eclectic clientele and a stubborn refusal to move with the times have drawn generations of tipplers.
- Do not be tempted to scrub the gloss finish of the rod itself with the scourer to remove those stubborn mackerel scales.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The language of the Basque Country and Navarre is euskera, spoken by around 750,000 people; in Spanish vasco or vascuence. It is also spelled euskara. Basque is unrelated to the Indo-European languages and its origins are unclear.