Translation of study in Spanish:
noun plural studies
- 1 uncountable (act, process of learning) our days are spent in study and meditationdedicamos nuestro tiempo al estudio y la meditaciónanimal behavior is a fascinating studyel estudio del comportamiento animal es fascinanteto be in a brown study [dated]estar absorto en sus ( or mis etc. ) pensamientosstudy guidemanual (masculine) de estudiostudy tourviaje (masculine) de estudioExample sentences
- To meet those challenges, scholars must be proficient in more than one area of study.
- The curriculum can be completed in three years of full time study, including summers.
- The unintended consequences have already been the subject of much study in many books.
- Their oldest daughter is about to graduate from high school and hopes to continue her studies in higher education.
- She won scholarships to continue her studies in London at the Guildhall School of Music and Drama.
- Breda has also recently been employed to work in Kill Post Office, which allows her to focus more time on her studies and evening classes.
- 3 countable (room)Example sentences
- In most homes, it makes sense that any formal dining room has the dual function of a quiet study or reading room.
- Inside, there are six bedrooms, three bathrooms, a breakfast style kitchen, a study and a utility room.
- All the bedrooms and studies and sitting rooms were of Chinese style while the dining rooms, lounges and bathrooms were Western.
- 4 countable 4.1 (investigation, examination) to carry out or conduct a studyllevar a cabo or realizar un estudio or una investigaciónto make a study of somethingestudiar or investigar algoto be under studyestar en estudio or (Río de la Plata also) a estudioExample sentences4.2 (published report, thesis)
- All authors contributed to the design of the study and writing of the paper.
- Jeff Konigsberg had been working in his studio on a diagrammatic wall piece based on structural studies of the space.
- The study of art history in a Ph.D. program took up the better part of the next 15 years.
- His other books include studies of directors Robert Aldrich and David Lean and novelist Raymond Chandler.
- Many of the volumes were ancient and rare studies on various botanical topics.
- A number of studies on this topic are likely to be published shortly.
- 5 countable 5.1 (Art, Liter) her face was a studysu cara era un poemashe walked in, a study in greenentró hecha una sinfonía en verdethe speech was a study in sycophancyel discurso fue un modelo de adulaciónExample sentences
Example sentences5.2 (Music)
- Green Fish is a complex study of characters who are each trapped in their own desperate situations.
- The literature is replete with studies on various aspects of stress and coping in Western populations.
- There are no deep philosophical messages or complex character studies going on in The Funhouse.
- Among these were about two dozen gouaches that are studies for the larger oil paintings.
- Some of the drawings, like stained-glass tracery, are studies for the paintings.
- This celebrated, rare etching is based on studies Picasso made for a figure of a weeping woman in Guernica.
- This kind of ricercar has little musical interest, and is artistically on a par with Czerny's duller technical studies.
- Harmony and theory studies supported his first compositional efforts as a teen-ager.
- Indeed, the pianist Egon Petri once said Czerny wrote all of those studies because he hated children.
transitive verb studies, studying, studied
- 1 (at school, university)Example sentences
- A total of 1 370 524 children are studying at public educational establishments this school year.
- Scores of Muslim boys and girls are studying in educational and technical colleges in various parts of the country.
- He studied at the famous educational establishments of Darul Uloom Nadwatul Ulama and Madinah University.
- 2 (investigate, research into)Example sentences
- Catalyst Women, a non-profit business organization that researches women in the workplace, has studied the situation.
- They have to study the political situation as it has emerged for devising a strategy accordingly.
- A Ministry spokesman said they were now studying the geographical situation, as North Ribblesdale is close to Cumbria, where there have been 691 confirmed cases.
- 3 (examine, scrutinize)(evidence/proposal/map)she studied his face as they talked
estudiarle estudiaba el rostro mientras hablabanhe studied himself in the mirrorse observaba en el espejoExample sentences
- Rue fumed silently as he hummed contentedly and she watched him closely, studying his movements and actions.
- Lucas watched him closely, studying every inch of his face from those wide blue eyes right down to the spray of freckles across his nose.
- Paul watched her closely and studied the elder woman while his mind worked quickly.
intransitive verb studies, studying, studied
- don't study too hard!¡no estudies demasiado!she's studying to be a doctor/lawyer/psychologistestudia medicina/derecho/psicologíato study
ser discípulo de alguien
estudiar con alguien(postgraduate student)
realizar su ( or mi etc. ) investigación bajo la dirección de alguienExample sentences
- In the second and third grade classroom, the teacher and the students studied the topic of immigrants.
- The students will spend two weeks here with a group of foreign students studying gender issues, chemistry and African literature, and a further two weeks at Phillips Academy.
- She paid attention during class and studied her notes and books.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.