Translation of stupefy in Spanish:
transitive verb -fies, -fying, -fied (usually passive)
- 1 (make senseless) stupefied with drink/by lack of sleepaturdido por el alcohol/la falta de sueñoshe was stupefied with griefel dolor la había dejado anonadadaExample sentences
- Rachel was stupefied, unable to do anything but stop her trembling lips.
- The challenge is how to properly honor King, without stupefying readers whose eyes glaze at the thought of hearing yet another recitation of the famous ‘I Have A Dream’ speech.
- When I walked out of the movie theatre after seeing the film, I was stupefied.
- 2 (astonish)dejar estupefacto
causar estupor aExample sentences
- I felt rather sorry for him, having to find out stuff like this, and after going through my own share of shocks, I knew just how mind-wracking and stupefying this could be.
- Most of the audience with whom I saw the film seemed as stupefied and astonished as I was by the dullness of the proceedings.
- The audience is often stupefied, thinking, ‘Are they really doing that?’
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.