Translation of stupid in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (foolish)(unintelligent) estúpidodon't be stupid¡no seas tonto!what a stupid thing to do/say!¡qué tontería or estupidez!it was stupid of me to acceptfue una estupidez aceptarI did something stupidhice una tontería or una estupidezto act stupidhacerse el tontohe made me look really stupid
hacer el papel de idiotame dejó en ridículothe whole affair's left me looking pretty stupidhe quedado en ridículo or como un tonto con toda esta historiayou stupid idiot!¡imbécil!Example sentences1.2 (expressing irritation) [colloquial]
maldito [colloquial]pinche (Mexico) [colloquial]the stupid machine kept my cardel maldito or (Mexico) pinche cajero me tragó la tarjeta [colloquial]
- Of course, he wasn't stupid or irresponsible enough to abscond completely.
- Most accidents are caused by blowouts or other mechanical failures and stupid drivers with no common sense.
- I'm not stupid enough to think that we all feel the same way about everything.
- [colloquial] (as form of address)tonto, (-ta)bobo, (-ba) [colloquial]Example sentences
- It soon became apparent that he was suffering from the stupids when he repeatedly asked for directions to where we were already taking him.
- They're still stupids who should not be allowed out in public.
- I appreciate it a lot, but don't bother with the stupids, for it is wiser to just laugh at them.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.