- 1 1.1 (foolish) tonto; (unintelligent) estúpido don't be stupid ¡no seas tonto! what a stupid thing to do/say! ¡qué tontería or estupidez! it was stupid of me to accept fue una estupidez aceptar I did something stupid hice una tontería or una estupidez to act stupid hacerse* el tonto, hacer* el papel de idiota he made me look really stupid me dejó en ridículo the whole affair's left me looking pretty stupid he quedado en ridículo or como un tonto con toda esta historia you stupid idiot! ¡imbécil!More example sentences1.2 (expressing irritation) [colloquial/familiar] maldito [colloquial/familiar], pinche (Mexico/México) [colloquial/familiar] the stupid machine kept my card el maldito or (Mexico/México) pinche cajero me tragó la tarjeta [colloquial/familiar]
- Of course, he wasn't stupid or irresponsible enough to abscond completely.
- Most accidents are caused by blowouts or other mechanical failures and stupid drivers with no common sense.
- I'm not stupid enough to think that we all feel the same way about everything.
- [colloquial/familiar] (as form of address/como título de cortesía) tonto, , bobo, [colloquial/familiar]More example sentences
- It soon became apparent that he was suffering from the stupids when he repeatedly asked for directions to where we were already taking him.
- They're still stupids who should not be allowed out in public.
- I appreciate it a lot, but don't bother with the stupids, for it is wiser to just laugh at them.