Translation of stupid in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (foolish)(unintelligent)don't be stupidwhat a stupid thing to do/say!¡no seas tonto!it was stupid of me to accept¡qué tontería or estupidez!I did something stupidfue una estupidez aceptarto act stupidhice una tontería or una estupidezhe made me look really stupidhacer el papel de idiotathe whole affair's left me looking pretty stupidme dejó en ridículoyou stupid idiot!he quedado en ridículo or como un tonto con toda esta historia¡imbécil!Example sentences1.2 (expressing irritation) [colloquial] the stupid machine kept my card
el maldito or (Mexico) pinche cajero me tragó la tarjeta [colloquial]
- Of course, he wasn't stupid or irresponsible enough to abscond completely.
- Most accidents are caused by blowouts or other mechanical failures and stupid drivers with no common sense.
- I'm not stupid enough to think that we all feel the same way about everything.
- [colloquial] (as form of address)tonto, (-ta)bobo, (-ba) [colloquial]Example sentences
- It soon became apparent that he was suffering from the stupids when he repeatedly asked for directions to where we were already taking him.
- They're still stupids who should not be allowed out in public.
- I appreciate it a lot, but don't bother with the stupids, for it is wiser to just laugh at them.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
A portero is a superintendent in an apartment building who looks after it, keeps it clean, delivers mail, and keeps an eye on comings and goings. Porteros often have an apartment in the building as part of their pay. The portero, and particularly the female portera, are part of popular culture. They have a reputation for being inquisitive and fond of gossip.