Translation of stutter in Spanish:
- tartamudeo (masculine) to have a slight stutter tartamudear un poco to speak with a stutter tartamudear the stutter of machine gun fire el tableteo de la metrallaExample sentences
- Well mannered and quiet, with a stutter in his speaking voice - but not his singing one - Thompson nonetheless has an air of defiance about him.
- He knew he was ready, knew it was real, knew it was her, and the words came without a stutter or a stammer.
- What a nightmare: being afflicted with a stutter, and having to give an acceptance speech in front of the largest global live audience that a civilian can get.
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- tartamudear the car stuttered to a halt el coche fue dando trompicones hasta pararse
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- balbucear, decir* tartamudeando he stuttered (out) an excuse balbuceó una excusa
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Sherry is produced in an area of chalky soil known as albariza lying between the towns of Puerto de Santa María, Sanlúcar de Barrameda, and Jerez de la Frontera in Cádiz province. It is from Jerez that sherry takes its English name. Sherries, made from grape varieties including Palomino and Pedro Ximénez, are drunk worldwide as an aperitif, and in Spain as an accompaniment to