Translation of stutter in Spanish:
- tartamudeo (masculine) to have a slight stutter tartamudear un poco to speak with a stutter tartamudear the stutter of machine gun fire el tableteo de la metrallaExample sentences
- Well mannered and quiet, with a stutter in his speaking voice - but not his singing one - Thompson nonetheless has an air of defiance about him.
- He knew he was ready, knew it was real, knew it was her, and the words came without a stutter or a stammer.
- What a nightmare: being afflicted with a stutter, and having to give an acceptance speech in front of the largest global live audience that a civilian can get.
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- tartamudear the car stuttered to a halt el coche fue dando trompicones hasta pararse
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- balbucear, decir* tartamudeando he stuttered (out) an excuse balbuceó una excusa
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Did you know that Antena 3 was Spain's first private television channel? It began broadcasting in 1989. Its proprietors include the conservative newspapers La Vanguardia and ABC.