Translation of stutter in Spanish:
- tartamudeo (masculine) to have a slight stutter tartamudear un poco to speak with a stutter tartamudear the stutter of machine gun fire el tableteo de la metrallaExample sentences
- Well mannered and quiet, with a stutter in his speaking voice - but not his singing one - Thompson nonetheless has an air of defiance about him.
- He knew he was ready, knew it was real, knew it was her, and the words came without a stutter or a stammer.
- What a nightmare: being afflicted with a stutter, and having to give an acceptance speech in front of the largest global live audience that a civilian can get.
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- tartamudear the car stuttered to a halt el coche fue dando trompicones hasta pararse
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- balbucear, decir* tartamudeando he stuttered (out) an excuse balbuceó una excusa
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Mexican politics, a prospective party candidate for the presidency is called a tapado. Candidates traditionally emerge from within the party but their identity is not revealed until the candidate is officially declared: they remain tapados (hidden), thus arousing a great deal of speculation. Under the rule of the