- tartamudeo (masculine) to have a slight stutter tartamudear un poco to speak with a stutter tartamudear the stutter of machine gun fire el tableteo de la metrallaMore example sentences
- Well mannered and quiet, with a stutter in his speaking voice - but not his singing one - Thompson nonetheless has an air of defiance about him.
- He knew he was ready, knew it was real, knew it was her, and the words came without a stutter or a stammer.
- What a nightmare: being afflicted with a stutter, and having to give an acceptance speech in front of the largest global live audience that a civilian can get.
- tartamudear the car stuttered to a halt el coche fue dando trompicones hasta pararseMore example sentences
- Computer screens glow, fax machines stutter out reams of paper and the filing cabinets which line every wall bulge with thousands of documents.
- The cabbie walked back to his cab, which stood, engine still stuttering, like a big black hesitation.
- The moment the Dura's twin engines stuttered and vibrated into life in a cacophony of backfiring and oily blue smoke, Kara's resolve suddenly deserted her.
- balbucear, decir* tartamudeando he stuttered (out) an excuse balbuceó una excusaMore example sentences
- I stuttered an ineffective argument as my old pals shame and embarrassment rose to the fore - thus the vicious circle was complete.
- I stuttered a hello back and then glanced down to see if I was wearing a nametag.
- Barnabas stutters a bit, and Harrison sees the doll in his hand.