Translation of stylus in Spanish:
noun/nombre (plural -li or , -luses)
- 1.1 (on record player) aguja (feminine), púa (feminine) (River Plate area/Río de la Plata)Example sentences1.2 (for writing) estilo (masculine)
- I also still have every one of the 14 diamond styli that it ever used.
- For writing, they used a stylus and a wax tablet.
- The next significant development began around 3,100 B.C. when a pointed stylus was used to incise pictures of tokens in clay tablets instead of impressing the tokens themselves.
- The small number of numerical symbols was, to a large extent, controlled by the method of writing numbers using a blunt stylus with a circular section to impress marks on wet clay.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The language of the Basque Country and Navarre is euskera, spoken by around 750,000 people; in Spanish vasco or vascuence. It is also spelled euskara. Basque is unrelated to the Indo-European languages and its origins are unclear.