Translation of subdivision in Spanish:
- 1 uncountable 1.1 (act)Example sentences1.2 (of land)
(American English)Example sentences
- Genealogies can then be modeled using existing models of geographic subdivision, with mutation (and, in a sense, recombination) taking the place of migration.
- In principle it should be possible to generalize the model to allow for the possibility of hierarchical subdivision but we do not attempt this here.
- The relative mutational count on the intervisit to intravisit branches is an indicator of demographic subdivision because with increasing subdivision there should be more intervisit branches.
- At present you enter the walk near the corner of Kent Street and Edgar Street, but subdivisions for housing are being opened up in this area, so the access point may soon be higher on the hill.
- Rotary has purchased land for the subdivision and Rotary Clubs from far and are now providing funds and teams of volunteers to build modest one-room homes to accommodate destitute families.
- The delegated authority process does not apply to more complex developments such as large residential flat buildings, subdivisions, rezoning of land, and is designed to cut down on lengthy delays.
- 2 countable 2.1 (part) 2.2 (plot of land)(American English)Example sentences
- Further subdivision of the second category is based on the width of the primary branches, which decreases distally only slightly in C. arboreus, but markedly in C. concentricus.
- Within these broad divisions, of course, there are secondary and tertiary subdivisions, the bottom line being the analysis of any given historical decade or century.
- The mature sutures display three or four discrete first-order subdivisions on the ventral flank of each prong and second-order subdivisions are common in external sutures of large specimens.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Spain, a geographical, social, and culturally homogeneous region, with a clear natural or administrative demarcation is called a comarca. Comarcas are normally smaller than