Translation of submission in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 uncountable (surrender) to beat somebody into submissionsometer a alguien a base de golpesExample sentences1.2 uncountable (submissiveness) See examples:submission (
- First, Hurston describes a gap in the relationship as Joe attempts to force Janie's submission to his authority.
- On Friday last in Perth Ireland were forced into submission by a physically stronger Australian side in the first match of the International Rules series.
- Ever since, Indigenous Peoples have been forced into submission, if not obliteration, in the name of civilization and progress all over the globe.
tosomething/somebody)Example sentences1.3 countable (in wrestling)
- It was a traverse through a world of humility, patience and submission - a long and tedious journey to be undertaken with faith, conviction and cheerfulness.
- For months we've been subjected to proof after proof that we are no longer in control over our own bodies only to look forward to the ultimate humiliation of submission to the rite of passage - pain.
- The images in this song are of loneliness, need, humility and submission.
- In November 2000, he made his UFC debut, defeating his opponent with an armbar submission less than one minute into the fight.
- In the Cadets he won with an inner-leg throw and followed the throw with an armlock for a submission.
- Both arts employ chokes, armlocks, leglocks and other submission holds to defeat opponents.
- 2 countable 2.1 (plan, proposal) to make a submission to somebody2.2 (report)presentarle una propuesta a alguienExample sentences2.3 (Law)
- The respondents made detailed written submissions about these documents.
- The Court has considered the written submissions of the applicant in this matter.
- Members of the public can then write submissions to the ABA in relation to the applications.
- The judge recorded the submissions of her counsel in these terms.
- That finding by the trial judge was made in the context of submissions by counsel.
- We do not have the transcripts of any submissions which counsel made to the judge on this aspect.
- 3 uncountable (presentation)Example sentences
- Their services also include advising businesses in dealing with public sector purchasers and preparing proposals for submission to contracting bodies.
- The deadline for submission of proposals was March 15.
- Two months after the deadline for submission of applications the results will be made public.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Mezcal is an alcoholic drink similar to