Translation of submit in Spanish:
- 1 (refer for consideration)(claim/report/application)all films had to be submitted to the censorto submit a dispute to arbitrationtodas las películas tenían que pasar por el censorsometer un litigio a arbitrajeExample sentences
- The club need to know their plans will obtain a safety licence from the body before submitting their planning application.
- The rural village of Hebrandston is in the centre of a planning application tussle after proposals were submitted to transform a disused outbuilding into a small dental surgery.
- We didn't actually have to go out and build some new defenses, but make a presentation, submitting our proposals to the rest of the group complete with economical and environmental costs/benefits.
- 2 (subject) See examples:to submit something/somebody
tosomethingto submit oneself to something/somebodysometer algo/a alguien aalgosometerse a algo/alguien
- 3 (contend)Example sentences
- In this context, I am submitting that he erred in saying that there would not be any unfairness.
- So it is really in that context that we submit that the Full Court has talked about the effect of indefeasibility of title.
- It is in that context that we submit that it cannot be shown, in effect, whose hair this was.
- do you submit?rendirseto submit¿te rindes?
tosomething/somebodyhe finally submitted to their demands/threatsthey were forced to submit to military disciplinefinalmente accedió a lo que pedían/cedió ante sus amenazasI have my doubts but I submit to your better judgmentlos obligaron a someterse a la disciplina militaryo tengo mis dudas, pero como a usted le parezcaExample sentences
- Entire villages rose in support of the rebels, only to submit when superior forces arrived from outside.
- What happened was the ultra-religious rural forces took control of the cities and the women were forced to submit to the small-town culture or leave the country.
- Clearly, the LEA are not currently able to provide a suitable education as the law requires and offer instead threats of jail to force the family to submit to substandard provision.
- Few men have so far submitted themselves to the treatment: perhaps they're in denial about cellulite.
- We can only test persons who either apply to become claimants for the million-dollar prize, or who will actually submit themselves to undergoing proper test procedures.
- Yet not all submit themselves to the physician's hand or accept his treatment.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Opus Dei - Latin for "God's Work" - is a Catholic organization founded in Spain in 1928. The Opus became very influential in Spanish society, above all by founding schools and universities. The aim was to create an élite which would spread Christian ideals throughout society. The University of Navarre is one of its foremost institutions.