Translation of subordinate in Spanish:
- 1 (inferior, secondary) [rank/position/officer] subordinado subordinate
tosth/sb subordinado aalgo/algnExample sentences
- Though corruption has been rampant among the subordinate ranks, senior officers, by and large, were not tainted by corruption.
- It is noteworthy that all the members of the court-martial, appointed by the convening officer, were subordinate in rank to him.
- Thus women are now in the workforce but in positions where they are subordinate to men and under their control.
- From this perspective, the function of good and/or evil in the morality play is important but subordinate to the role of protagonist/hero.
- Historically, the tradition has viewed the first and second foci as subordinate to the third.
- If, on the other hand, he is an act- or rule-utilitarian, he would seem to give character a role that is subordinate to reason.
- 2 [Linguistics/Lingüística] subordinado
transitive verb/verbo transitivo/səˈbɔːrdneɪt; səˈbɔːdɪneɪt/
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The language of the Basque Country and Navarre is euskera, spoken by around 750,000 people; in Spanish vasco or vascuence. It is also spelled euskara. Basque is unrelated to the Indo-European languages and its origins are unclear.