Translation of subpoena in Spanish:
- (Law) to serve a subpoena on somebodynotificar a alguien (una orden de comparecencia)Example sentences
- Even if it is a US bank which is ordered by a US subpoena, other common law courts have applied traditional conflict-of-laws analysis.
- Further, the day-to-day administration of criminal justice functions with many witnesses who are not under subpoena and who attend voluntarily to give evidence.
- It held that if an individual does not comply with a subpoena or order issued by the Tribunal, he could be held in contempt of the Tribunal and the specific contempt procedure could be set in motion.
- (witness)Example sentences
- The appellant was unable to subpoena the necessary witnesses.
- In addition, in July several people were subpoenaed to testify about their protest activities before a grand jury convened in Missouri.
- Your office could do more, the witnesses were not subpoenaed and brought along, and the magistrate is sure to have plenty to do.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Spain, a geographical, social, and culturally homogeneous region, with a clear natural or administrative demarcation is called a comarca. Comarcas are normally smaller than