Translation of subside in Spanish:
- 1(land/road/foundations)to subside into an armchair
hundirsedejarse caer en un sillónExample sentences
- So, that whole platform of south Louisiana is subsiding; it's sinking.
- The 47-year-old had parked up at 6pm on Tuesday, when neighbours saw the ground beginning to subside beneath the car.
- At some point the volcanic island subsides enough for it to submerge, leaving an atoll behind.
- Two Marlborough town councillors fear cracks in the front wall of the town hall could threaten the building, even though an architect has said there was no evidence the building is subsiding.
- On the other hand, many old houses subsided, whose grounds are even lower than that of streets.
- Some also said the mine might make their homes subside, but a council investigation found no evidence of this.
- 2 (abate)(storm/wind)
- Along with the warm sunshine, the cruel headwinds of Bank Holiday Monday subsided to a light breeze.
- After muchos medication and sleep, it finally subsided to a regular migraine by about 7pm.
- The pain in my arm had subsided to a dull throb and we both fell asleep straight away, completely exhausted.
- Fortunately for now, most of that flood water has subsided from that point.
- The water rapidly subsided back to normal levels leaving me on a falling building.
- The flood water subsided within an hour, leaving Mr and Mrs Ingram with soggy carpets to dry out.
- Definitive therapy is root canal treatment or extraction, which in selected cases may be delayed until swelling has subsided.
- After 3 to 7 days, testicular pain and swelling subside, usually at about the same time that the fever passes.
- Once your period starts, the swelling subsides and your breasts return to normal.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.