- 1.1 (secondary) [role/interest] secundario subsidiary company empresa (f) filial subsidiary subject materia (f) complementariaMore example sentences1.2 (supplementary) [income] adicional, extra; [payment/loan] subsidiario
- Roads serving these centres were subsidiary to the main network.
- Aborigines and other non-European Australians are subsidiary to Ward's analysis.
- But on any view of the allegations, taken at their highest, the role of the second applicant is regarded as significantly subsidiary to that of the first.
n (pl -ries)
- 1.1 [Busn] filial (f)More example sentences1.2 (BrE) [Educ] asignatura complementaria que forma parte de un programa universitario
- Most public companies have a holding company and subsidiaries.
- This is intended to garner tax from foreign subsidiaries of the holding company domiciled in their respective countries.
- The United States now imposes certain firewalls on bank holding companies and their subsidiaries.