- 1.1 (support with money) [company/project] subvencionar, subsidiar (AmL) all her money goes to subsidizing his drinking todo el dinero se le va en costearle la bebida 1.2(subsidized past p)[housing/medicine/schooling] subvencionado, subsidiado (AmL)More example sentences
More example sentences
- The Agriculture State Fund subsidises several organic production activities, although there is still no official body which can issue organic production certificates.
- And a proportion of profit from the treks goes into a separate fund to subsidize village activities or be shared amongst villagers.
- It does not make good business sense for the country to have taxpayers subsidize these activities any more than other hobbies.
- When these products are subsidized, they are sold at very low prices on the international market.
- The workers survive by raising rabbits which they sell and they sometimes subsidize their food by going door to door with a basket and asking for donations.
- What better way to make a quick buck than to sell off the government subsidized apartments and turf the 23,000 residents out of house and home?
Browse other language resources
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Cultural fact of the day
Today is a public holiday in Peru (Día de la Independencia)