Translation of substandard in Spanish:
- 1.1 (inferior) [goods/clothes] de calidad inferior substandard housing viviendas (feminine plural) que no cumplen con los requisitos de habitabilidad he gave a rather substandard performance tonight su actuación de esta noche no estuvo al nivel de siempreExample sentences1.2 (nonstandard) [usage] no estándar
- Families live in housing that is considered substandard by Western or Kenyan standards.
- In the country's capital city, Santo Domingo, much of the housing is substandard and the quality of the water is poor.
- The vast majority of the affected in San Salvador are poor inhabitants of apartment buildings and substandard housing.
- If what I'm quoting is substandard, please let me know what sets the standard.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The Defensor del pueblo is an ombudsman nominated by the Spanish Parliament to defend the rights of citizens against government maladministration. If he upholds a complaint he advises the administration on appropriate compensation. This post, under the same name, also exists in some Latin American countries.