- 1.1 (inferior) [goods/clothes] de calidad inferior substandard housing viviendas (fpl) que no cumplen con los requisitos de habitabilidad he gave a rather substandard performance tonight su actuación de esta noche no estuvo al nivel de siempreMore example sentences1.2 (nonstandard) [usage] no estándar
More example sentences
- Families live in housing that is considered substandard by Western or Kenyan standards.
- In the country's capital city, Santo Domingo, much of the housing is substandard and the quality of the water is poor.
- The vast majority of the affected in San Salvador are poor inhabitants of apartment buildings and substandard housing.
- If what I'm quoting is substandard, please let me know what sets the standard.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The RAE (Real Academia de la Lengua Española) is a body established in the eighteenth century to record and preserve the Spanish language. It is made up of académicos, who are normally well-known literary figures and/or academic experts on the Spanish language. The RAE publishes the Diccionario de la Real Academia Española, which is regarded as an authority on correct Spanish. Affiliated academies exist in Latin American countries.