Translation of substandard in Spanish:
- 1.1 (inferior)(goods/clothes)substandard housingde calidad inferiorhe gave a rather substandard performance tonightviviendas (feminine plural) que no cumplen con los requisitos de habitabilidadsu actuación de esta noche no estuvo al nivel de siempreExample sentences1.2 (nonstandard)
(usage)no estándarExample sentences
- Families live in housing that is considered substandard by Western or Kenyan standards.
- In the country's capital city, Santo Domingo, much of the housing is substandard and the quality of the water is poor.
- The vast majority of the affected in San Salvador are poor inhabitants of apartment buildings and substandard housing.
- If what I'm quoting is substandard, please let me know what sets the standard.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Carnaval is the three days of festivities preceding Lent, characterized by costumes, masks, drinking, music, and dancing.