Translation of subway in Spanish:
- 1 c and u (American English/inglés norteamericano) [Railways/Ferrocarriles] metro (masculine), subterráneo (masculine) (River Plate area/Río de la Plata) to take the subway tomar or (Spain/España) coger* el metro, tomar el subte (River Plate area/Río de la Plata)Example sentences
- The subway and light railway can transport people to every corner of the city quickly.
- In 10 years time, the system will comprise 16 subways and six light railways.
- All ten of us were present and accounted for as we went down into the subway station for our next ride.
- 2 countable/numerable (British English/inglés británico) (for pedestrians) paso or pasaje (masculine) subterráneoExample sentences
- According to the 1996 Highway Road Humps Regulations they must not be built on or within 25 metres of bridges, subways, culverts or tunnels.
- The BMTC terminus with a pedestrian subway for safety will also have shops and toilets.
- Alternatively, never walk on street level - always in subways or on pedestrian bridges.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The name of Spain's state-run post office is correos. Stamps can be bought in an