Translation of subway in Spanish:
- 1 countable and uncountable (US) (Railways) to take the subwaytomar or (Spain) coger el metrotomar el subte (Río de la Plata)Example sentences
- The subway and light railway can transport people to every corner of the city quickly.
- In 10 years time, the system will comprise 16 subways and six light railways.
- All ten of us were present and accounted for as we went down into the subway station for our next ride.
- 2 countable (British) (for pedestrians)paso or pasaje (masculine) subterráneoExample sentences
- According to the 1996 Highway Road Humps Regulations they must not be built on or within 25 metres of bridges, subways, culverts or tunnels.
- The BMTC terminus with a pedestrian subway for safety will also have shops and toilets.
- Alternatively, never walk on street level - always in subways or on pedestrian bridges.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.