Translation of success in Spanish:
- 1.1 uncountable (good outcome) success in one's careerel éxito en la vida profesionalsuccess has gone to her head did you have any success (in) finding a job?¿pudiste conseguir trabajo?they had a great deal of success with their advertising campaignsu campaña publicitaria fue todo un éxitowe didn't have much success with the banks we approachedno tuvimos mucha suerte con los bancos a los que nos dirigimosto meet with successtener éxitowithout successsin (ningún) éxito or resultado(before noun) the police's success rate in solving crimesel porcentaje de casos que la policía logra resolverwe're proud of our high success rate in these examsestamos orgullosos de nuestro alto porcentaje de aprobados en estos exámenesExample sentences1.2 countable (successful thing, person) to be a success
ser un éxitothe outing was not a successla excursión no fue precisamente un éxitoshe was a great success with my familyle cayó muy bien a mi familiahe's a success with the girlstiene éxito con las chicashe always makes a success of any venture he is involved insiempre saca adelante sus proyectos con éxitoExample sentences
- Those who have always good hope in the midst of misfortunes, and who are delighted with good luck, are suspected of being very pleased with the ill success of the affair, if they are not equally distressed by bad luck.
- Hidden away in this week's news are pointers to what will actually make a success of an online business.
- The harder but surer way is to make a success of a business of your own and then sell it on to someone willing to pay millions.
- Condolences go to the proprietors of the shop who have worked so hard to make a success of it.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.