Translation of success in Spanish:
- 1.1 uncountable (good outcome) success in one's careersuccess has gone to her head did you have any success (in) finding a job?el éxito en la vida profesionalthey had a great deal of success with their advertising campaign¿pudiste conseguir trabajo?we didn't have much success with the banks we approachedsu campaña publicitaria fue todo un éxitoto meet with successno tuvimos mucha suerte con los bancos a los que nos dirigimoswithout successtener éxito(before noun) the police's success rate in solving crimessin (ningún) éxito or resultadowe're proud of our high success rate in these examsel porcentaje de casos que la policía logra resolverestamos orgullosos de nuestro alto porcentaje de aprobados en estos exámenesExample sentences1.2 countable (successful thing, person) to be a success
the outing was not a successser un éxitoshe was a great success with my familyla excursión no fue precisamente un éxitohe's a success with the girlsle cayó muy bien a mi familiahe always makes a success of any venture he is involved intiene éxito con las chicassiempre saca adelante sus proyectos con éxitoExample sentences
- Those who have always good hope in the midst of misfortunes, and who are delighted with good luck, are suspected of being very pleased with the ill success of the affair, if they are not equally distressed by bad luck.
- Hidden away in this week's news are pointers to what will actually make a success of an online business.
- The harder but surer way is to make a success of a business of your own and then sell it on to someone willing to pay millions.
- Condolences go to the proprietors of the shop who have worked so hard to make a success of it.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Mezcal is an alcoholic drink similar to