Translation of success in Spanish:
- 1.1 uncountable/no numerable (good outcome) éxito (masculine) success in one's career el éxito en la vida profesional success has gone to her head el éxito se le ha subido a la cabeza did you have any success (in) finding a job? ¿pudiste conseguir trabajo? they had a great deal of success with their advertising campaign su campaña publicitaria fue todo un éxito we didn't have much success with the banks we approached no tuvimos mucha suerte con los bancos a los que nos dirigimos to meet with success tener* éxito without success sin (ningún) éxito or resultado (before noun/delante del nombre) the police's success rate in solving crimes el porcentaje de casos que la policía logra resolver we're proud of our high success rate in these exams estamos orgullosos de nuestro alto porcentaje de aprobados en estos exámenesExample sentences1.2 countable/numerable (successful thing, person) éxito (masculine) to be a success ser* un éxito the outing was not a success la excursión no fue precisamente un éxito she was a great success with my family le cayó muy bien a mi familia he's a success with the girls tiene éxito con las chicas he always makes a success of any venture he is involved in siempre saca adelante sus proyectos con éxito
- Those who have always good hope in the midst of misfortunes, and who are delighted with good luck, are suspected of being very pleased with the ill success of the affair, if they are not equally distressed by bad luck.
- Hidden away in this week's news are pointers to what will actually make a success of an online business.
- The harder but surer way is to make a success of a business of your own and then sell it on to someone willing to pay millions.
- Condolences go to the proprietors of the shop who have worked so hard to make a success of it.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
A piñata is a hollow figure made of cardboard, or from a clay pot lined with colored paper. Filled with fruit, candy, toys, etc, and hung up at parties, people take turns to stand in front of them blindfolded and try to break them with a stick. They feature in Mexican posadas