- 1 1.1 u (act of following) sucesión (f) for 6 years in succession durante seis años consecutivos or seguidos it's happened ten times in succession ha pasado diez veces seguidas in rapid succession uno tras otro 1.2 c (series) sucesión (f), serie (f) a succession of visitors/images una sucesión de visitantes/imágenes a succession of defeats una serie de derrotasMore example sentences
- The game came alive in the 20th minute when Bury, following a succession of a five-metre scrums, were eventually awarded a penalty try, the conversion a formality.
- Following a succession of attacks, a large breakaway group moved clear on the first of three laps and opened up a decisive lead over the rest.
- The city has struggled following a succession of high-profile business closures and job losses.
- 2 u (to office, rank) sucesión (f) to be first in succession to the throne ser* el primero en la línea de sucesión al trono the law of succession la ley de sucesión in succession to sb como sucesor de algnMore example sentences
- As a fruit of the Pombaline vision, Goa is today the only State in India to have a uniform civil code, which ensures women equal rights of succession, property and inheritance.
- I think he was confusing the constitutional succession in office with who was in charge.
- The Lib Dem policy would prove even more progressive than the mayor's plans, with partnerships that were binding in matters of inheritance, pensions and succession of tenancy.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Churro is a typical Spanish food, consisting of a long thin cylinder of dough, deep-fried in olive oil and often dusted with sugar. Churros are usually eaten with a thick hot drinking chocolate, especially for breakfast.