Translation of succession in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 uncountable (act of following) for 6 years in successiondurante seis años consecutivos or seguidosit's happened ten times in successionha pasado diez veces seguidasin rapid successionuno tras otro1.2 countable (series) a succession of visitors/imagesuna sucesión de visitantes/imágenesa succession of defeatsuna serie de derrotasExample sentences
- The game came alive in the 20th minute when Bury, following a succession of a five-metre scrums, were eventually awarded a penalty try, the conversion a formality.
- Following a succession of attacks, a large breakaway group moved clear on the first of three laps and opened up a decisive lead over the rest.
- The city has struggled following a succession of high-profile business closures and job losses.
- 2 uncountable (to office, rank) to be first in succession to the throneser el primero en la línea de sucesión al tronothe law of successionla ley de sucesiónin succession to somebodycomo sucesor de alguienExample sentences
- As a fruit of the Pombaline vision, Goa is today the only State in India to have a uniform civil code, which ensures women equal rights of succession, property and inheritance.
- I think he was confusing the constitutional succession in office with who was in charge.
- The Lib Dem policy would prove even more progressive than the mayor's plans, with partnerships that were binding in matters of inheritance, pensions and succession of tenancy.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.