Translation of succulent in Spanish:
- 1 (juicy)(fruit/meat)
- The pork was deliciously succulent and tender with a great flavour being imparted from the meat's fat.
- The crispy and succulent beans fried with tasty prawn paste and sweet grated coconut may be one of the few vegetarian dishes in the restaurant.
- The food in Jerez in southern Spain is unforgettable: succulent seafood and delicious ham from black-trottered, acorn-eating pigs.
- 2 (Botany)(leaves/stems)succulent plant
- This incredible trailing groundcover has vivid fleshy leaves and succulent stems that enable it to store water and thrive in even the harshest climates.
- For example, thick, waxy, succulent leaves indicate arid environments in which the plant must conserve water.
- The plant is succulent with leaves in tight rosettes more or less four centimetres or more across in diameter.
- (Botany)Example sentences
- As a rule of thumb, it's hard to go wrong with classics like the parlour palm, dracaenas, rubber plants, aspidistra (I've always fancied a variegated one), cacti, succulents and the umbrella plant.
- If you don't live where ferns thrive, you can adapt the idea, using other low growers such as sedums, succulents, rockery plants, or well-mannered ground covers.
- In sunnier, drier areas (often in their own micro-climates just a few miles away on the leeward side of the island) they plant succulents and even cacti.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.