- 1 (juicy) [fruit/meat] suculentoMore example sentences
- The pork was deliciously succulent and tender with a great flavour being imparted from the meat's fat.
- The crispy and succulent beans fried with tasty prawn paste and sweet grated coconut may be one of the few vegetarian dishes in the restaurant.
- The food in Jerez in southern Spain is unforgettable: succulent seafood and delicious ham from black-trottered, acorn-eating pigs.
- 2 [Botany/Botánica] [leaves/stems] carnoso succulent plant suculenta (feminine)More example sentences
- This incredible trailing groundcover has vivid fleshy leaves and succulent stems that enable it to store water and thrive in even the harshest climates.
- For example, thick, waxy, succulent leaves indicate arid environments in which the plant must conserve water.
- The plant is succulent with leaves in tight rosettes more or less four centimetres or more across in diameter.
- [Botany/Botánica] suculenta (feminine)More example sentences
- As a rule of thumb, it's hard to go wrong with classics like the parlour palm, dracaenas, rubber plants, aspidistra (I've always fancied a variegated one), cacti, succulents and the umbrella plant.
- If you don't live where ferns thrive, you can adapt the idea, using other low growers such as sedums, succulents, rockery plants, or well-mannered ground covers.
- In sunnier, drier areas (often in their own micro-climates just a few miles away on the leeward side of the island) they plant succulents and even cacti.