Translation of such in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (emphasizing degree, extent) I woke up with such a headacheit's such a bore!me levanté con tal dolor de cabeza …such a charming girl!¡es tan aburrido!she gave me such a look!¡qué chica más or tan encantadora!I've got such a lot of work to do¡me miró de una manera … !I've never heard such nonsensetengo tanto (trabajo) que hacersuch impertinence!nunca he oído semejante or tamaña estupidez1.2 (with clauses of result or purpose) such … (that)¡qué impertinencia!it was done in such a way that nobody noticedtal/tan … quedo it in such a way that nobody noticesse hizo de tal manera que nadie lo notóI was in such pain (that) I couldn't sleephazlo de (tal) manera que nadie lo note1.3 (in comparisons) such … astenía tanto or tal dolor que no pude dormirsuch a patient teacher as youtan … comohe had never experienced such pain as he was feelingun maestro tan paciente como túnunca había sentido un dolor tan fuerte como el que sentía
- 2 2.1 (of this, that kind) such children are known as …such a journey would take weeksa dichos or a tales niños se los conoce como …no doubt some such solution will be foundun viaje así or como ese llevaría semanasthere's no such person heresin duda se encontrará una solución semejante or de ese tipothere's no such thing as the perfect crimeno hay nadie con ese nombre aquíI said no such thing!el crimen perfecto no existeyou'll do no such thing!¡yo no dije tal cosa!would you have such a thing as a calculator on you?¡de ninguna manera!there's such a thing as a comb, you know¿no tendrías por casualidad una calculadora?such jobs as mine¿sabes que existe una cosa que se llama peine?2.2 (unspecified) the letter tells you to go to such a house on such a datetrabajos como el míountil such time as we are notified [formal]la carta te dice que vayas a tal casa a tal horahasta (el momento en) que se nos notifique
- 1 1.1 (of the indicated kind) such were her last wordssnakes, lizards and suchtales fueron sus últimas palabrassuch is life 1.2such as incidents such as theseserpientes, lagartijas y cosas por el estilomany modern inventions, such as radar …incidentes como estosI've read many of his books — such as?muchos inventos modernos, (tales) como el radar …1.3as suchhe leído muchos de sus libros — ¿(como) por ejemplo?he was a great leader and will be remembered as suchcomo tal/talesdolphins don't possess a language as suchfue un gran líder y será recordado como tallos delfines no tienen un lenguaje propiamente dicho or en el sentido estrictoExample sentences
- It did not feel right that such patients should actually be in with very elderly patients.
- As is often the case in such volumes, the quality of the articles is a bit uneven.
- They light up the night sky like a beautiful but harmless fire, if such a thing existed.
- 2 2.1such as, such … as [formal]such (people) as were dissatisfied2.2 (indicating lack of quantity, quality) See examples: the evidence, such as it is, seems to point to his guiltquienes estaban descontentosdinner's ready, such as it islas pocas pruebas que hay parecen indicar que es culpablemy wages, such as they are, go mainly on foodla cena está lista, si se le puede llamar cenalo poco que gano se me va casi todo en comida
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In some parts of Spain, the name given to a weekly open-air flea market where all kinds of items are sold is a rastro. The name El Rastro as such refers to a very big market of this type held in Madrid at weekends.