Translation of suckle in Spanish:
- darle de mamar aExample sentences
- Two Madonna-and-childs, reversed out in a stark negative: the bounteous white woman, bereft of her own baby, suckling the child of a dying African.
- Informal wet-nursing ranges from the occasional nursing of another woman's child to a private arrangement to suckle a baby whose mother is ailing or who has died.
- But virtually all begging street urchins, maimed men, mothers suckling infants and other ragged destitutes are Tibetan, not Chinese.
- Example sentences
- ‘It's impossible to forgive,’ she said, her infant baby suckling at her breast.
- Images of Charity personified often show a child suckling at each of her breasts.
- The strong influence of Italian neo-realism is further subverted by such outlandish sights as a boy suckling at a cow's udder and Pedro hurling an egg directly at the camera.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Mezcal is an alcoholic drink similar to