Translation of sue in Spanish:
- to sue somebody (
forsomething)demandar a alguienshe sued them for damages/breach of contract poralgolos demandó por daños y perjuicios/por incumplimiento de contratohe sued her for divorcele entabló una demanda de divorciothey sued her for libelle entablaron juicio por difamacióninterpusieron querella por difamación en contra de ella [formal]
- 1 (Law)entablar una demandaponer pleito (Spain)to sue
forsomethingdemandarto sue for damages poralgodemandar por daños y perjuiciosExample sentences
- People have lost their jobs over derogatory remarks made in blogs, but can you be sued for libel or defamation?
- This made it financially worthwhile to sue officers for torts they might have committed.
- At the time, a wife was unable to sue her husband in tort, so the action was brought by the children.
- 2 (plead) [literary]to sue for peacehacer un llamamiento or (Latin America also) un llamado a la pazExample sentences
- It has to stop, and this is as good a time as any to sue for peace.
- Whoever follows Fred into the hot seat would have no alternative but to sue for peace.
- She must now advise her boss that, after eight years of war with Labour rebels, it is time to sue for peace.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.