- 1.1 [syrup/drink/taste] dulce, azucaradoMore example sentences
More example sentences1.2 [tones/smile] meloso, almibarado; [romance/movie] sensiblero, empalagoso
- The Food Standards Agency said adverts for fast food outlets and sugary drinks are fuelling childhood obesity and sowing the seeds for future ill-health.
- Compared to the average American diet, DASH is substantially lower in saturated fat, total fat and cholesterol, with fewer sweets, sugary drinks and red meat.
- In addition, children from families who eat a lot of sugary foods and drink sweet liquids, who have a lot of cavities, and who do not go to the dentist very often are at risk for cavities.
More example sentences
- For the last few years, during Keweenaw Week in August, the mine dump has been bulldozed for collectors, who have recovered a number of white to pink datolite nodules, many with a sugary texture.
- Pan-toasting the raisins gives them a unique crusty, sugary texture; if using dried currants, skip step 1.
- They suddenly appeared in antique shops in England in the 1970s; of a grainy, sugary texture, they probably come from Murano.
- Before you turn the page, wondering why I've chosen such a dreadful piece of sugary sentimentalism for this week's painting, give Greuze's grieving girl a second glance.
- But there has been a feeling among some that he may have allowed sugary sentiment to cloud his judgment about players' grumbles over their guidance.
- You're very into the sensitive, sugary stuff that sentiments are made of.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Mexico's muralist movement flourished between the two World Wars during a time of nationalist fervor. It was led by Diego Rivera, José Clemente Orozco, and David Alfaro Siqueiros. Their work reflected revolutionary themes and working-class struggle. They decorated many public buildings.