- 1 1.1 (propose) sugerir*, proponer* he suggested dinner the next evening sugirió or propuso que cenáramos juntos al día siguiente to suggest sth
tosb sugerirle* algo aalgn I suggested three alternatives to them les sugerí or les propuse tres alternativas the only thing I can suggest to you is to tell them the truth lo único que te puedo sugerir es que les digas la verdad to suggest -ingsugerir* + infinitive/infinitivo, sugerir* que+ subjunctive/subjuntivoshe suggested leaving them a note sugirió dejarles or que les dejáramos una nota to suggest tosb thatsugerirle* a algn que(followed by subjunctive/seguido por subjuntivo) he suggested to me that I (should) look for another job me sugirió que buscara otro trabajo it was you who suggested (that) I tell my parents fuiste tú quien me sugirió que se lo dijera a mis padres I suggest (that) we eat before the show sugiero or propongo que comamos antes de la función can you suggest where we might meet? ¿se te ocurre algún lugar donde podríamos encontrarnos? he suggested to us how we might do it nos sugirió cómo podríamos hacerlo he suggested Smith (to us) as a suitable candidate (nos) propuso a Smith como un candidato idóneoMore example sentences1.2 (offer for consideration) can you suggest a possible source for this rumor? ¿se le ocurre quién puede haber empezado este rumor? I suggest (that) he's lying yo diría que está mintiendo no one is suggesting you stole the money nadie está diciendo que se robó el dinero I suggest (to you) that you are not telling the whole truth me atrevería a afirmar que no nos está diciendo toda la verdad 1.3 (imply, insinuate) insinuar* what are you trying to suggest by that? ¿qué quieres insinuar con eso? are you suggesting (that) my son is a thief? ¿insinúa usted que mi hijo es un ladrón?
More example sentences1.4to suggest itself an idea/a plan suggested itself to him se le ocurrió una idea/un plan nothing suggests itself no se me ocurre nada
- I suggested to her we start our own scholarly website and she was very taken with that idea.
- Her psychiatrist suggested to her parents that they should take her back to Nigeria for a long holiday.
- We have suggested to the Mayors that they form a League of Cities to lobby for a better deal.
- Such scenes suggest the larger problem with the film, which is chiefly one of subtlety.
- These figures suggest a further significant increase, but they need to be treated with some caution.
- It has not been suggested that it has any reference, expressed or implied, to arbitration.
- 2 (indicate, point to) indicar* his reaction suggested a guilty conscience su reacción indicaba or daba a entender que se sentía culpable all the evidence suggests that he was involved todas las pruebas indican que él estaba involucradoMore example sentences
- An unfinished lead buckle suggests some metalworking was taking place at the site, and there are also crucibles.
- Residues of zinc and lead may suggest experiments in pottery glaze manufacture.
- The fact a urine sample had been requested may reasonably have suggested an infection.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Bullfighting is popular in Spain and in Mexico, Colombia, Peru, and Venezuela. For some Spaniards it is crucial to Spanish identity. The season runs from March to October in Spain, from November to March in Latin America.