Translation of suggestion in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 countable or uncountable (proposal) to make a suggestionif I may offer a suggestionhacer una sugerenciato make improper suggestionssi se me permite hacer una sugerenciasi se me permite proponer or sugerir algoI'm open to suggestionshacer proposiciones deshonestashave you any suggestions for speeding up the process?acepto sugerenciasit was your suggestion to have a picnic¿se le ocurre algo para acelerar el proceso?I bought it at my wife's suggestionfuiste tú quien propuso or sugirió ir de picniclo compré porque mi mujer me lo sugiriólo compré a instancias de mi mujer [formal]Example sentences1.2 countable (explanation, theory) his suggestion is the most plausible
su teoría es la más probableExample sentences1.3 countable (insinuation)
- She found this project exciting to work on because the owner was very open to new ideas and suggestions for his premises.
- I have some suggestions for serious consideration by the august committee.
- The group will meet again in September and are looking forward to suggestions for the development of the field.
- At their suggestion I sent a complaint there and was rewarded with an anodyne standard letter which was obviously sent out to all complainants but which dealt with none of the points I raised.
- I am also rather annoyed at his suggestion that the RAF does nothing about reducing the noise when in fact they make strenuous efforts to keep noise to a minimum as do most responsible aviation bodies.
- At her suggestion, I'm to not spend anymore than 20 minutes at a time on my feet and I should be taking 20 minute breaks in-between walking around.
- 2 countable or uncountable 2.1 (indication, hint) there is no suggestion of any change in policythere was no suggestion of foul playno hay ningún indicio de un cambio de política2.2 (slight trace) (no plural) there was a suggestion of a smile on her face a dish with a (slight) suggestion of saffronno había indicios de que se hubiese cometido un crimenun plato con un ligerísimo sabor a azafránExample sentences
- It even comes with a hefty chunk of lemon, in addition to the salt and vinegar [which was disappointingly run of the mill, with not the slightest suggestion of rose Perry vinegar or Caspian salt flakes].
- She's always on the edge of her chair, ready to pounce at the slightest suggestion of a whisper.
- Be advised they'll also be in no mood to tolerate even the slightest suggestion of possessiveness.
- There were suggestions that in fact a confession video was made before the act itself.
- For you to even make such a suggestion strongly implies that you're really not interested in a serious debate on this issue.
- There was a suggestion that the very fact the trial was held in Mayo guaranteed that the defendant would not be found guilty of murder.
- 3 uncountable (Psychology)Example sentences
- Furthermore, it is possible to create false memories in people's minds by suggestion, even false memories of previous lives.
- However, our study does reveal many interesting psychological factors associated with experimenter suggestion.
- Individuals so conditioned can merely repeat the thoughts which have been implanted in their minds by suggestion from outside.
- Techniques of suggestion are compatible neither with the analytic attitude that Symington describes nor the therapeutic attitude that Cervantes describes.
- Neuroscience has not fully exploited hypnosis and hypnotic suggestion as experimental tools.
- Freud usually claimed that psychoanalysis was a treatment in which direct influence and suggestion played little part.
- These are simply positive suggestions the writer gives to herself while in hypnosis.
- But he did not use hypnosis solely as a means of implanting suggestions of positive health.
- Under hypnosis, the rational brain is bypassed, and suggestions are made directly to the subconscious mind.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Carnaval is the three days of festivities preceding Lent, characterized by costumes, masks, drinking, music, and dancing.