Translation of suggestive in Spanish:
- 1 [gesture/laugh] insinuante, provocativoExample sentences
- A driver who left a woman passenger terror stricken when he drove her past her home also lost his licence, as did a driver who made sexually suggestive remarks to a passenger.
- She describes these rages as often provoked by strangers on the street who whistle at her or make some sexually suggestive remark.
- Explicitly sexual lyrics and suggestive dancing have sparked scathing newspaper columns and local judges have banned minors from attending the dances.
- 2 (predicative/predicativo)to be suggestive
ofsth 2.1 (indicative) parecer* indicar algo the figures are suggestive of an upturn in the economy las cifras parecen indicar un repunte en la economía 2.2 (reminiscent) hacer* pensar en algo, evocar* algo the design is suggestive of a Roman villa el diseño hace pensar en or evoca una villa romanaExample sentences
- These indications were suggestive of six previous hybridization events between the two native carnivores.
- Diagnostic genetic testing refers to the use of a gene test in a patient who has symptoms suggestive of Huntington's disease, with or without a family history.
- Electrolyte levels should be monitored, and patients should report any signs or symptoms suggestive of electrolyte imbalance.
- 3 (which stimulates thought) [formal] [theory/commentary] que llama a la reflexiónExample sentences
- Another suggestive piece of evidence is comparison with dogs that remain on the other side of the long vanished Asia-North America land connection.
- The regulations adopted in Shanghai will provide suggestive ideas for national AIDS legislation.
- Both nonspecialists and specialists in Tillich's theology will find here ideas suggestive for contemporary teaching and preaching.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Venezuela, pasapalo is small portions of food that are usually served with drinks at parties, bars, and social get-togethers.