- 1 [gesture/laugh] insinuante, provocativoMore example sentences
- A driver who left a woman passenger terror stricken when he drove her past her home also lost his licence, as did a driver who made sexually suggestive remarks to a passenger.
- She describes these rages as often provoked by strangers on the street who whistle at her or make some sexually suggestive remark.
- Explicitly sexual lyrics and suggestive dancing have sparked scathing newspaper columns and local judges have banned minors from attending the dances.
- 2 (predicative/predicativo)to be suggestive
ofsth 2.1 (indicative) parecer* indicar algo the figures are suggestive of an upturn in the economy las cifras parecen indicar un repunte en la economía 2.2 (reminiscent) hacer* pensar en algo, evocar* algo the design is suggestive of a Roman villa el diseño hace pensar en or evoca una villa romanaMore example sentences
- These indications were suggestive of six previous hybridization events between the two native carnivores.
- Diagnostic genetic testing refers to the use of a gene test in a patient who has symptoms suggestive of Huntington's disease, with or without a family history.
- Electrolyte levels should be monitored, and patients should report any signs or symptoms suggestive of electrolyte imbalance.
- 3 (which stimulates thought) [formal] [theory/commentary] que llama a la reflexiónMore example sentences
- Another suggestive piece of evidence is comparison with dogs that remain on the other side of the long vanished Asia-North America land connection.
- The regulations adopted in Shanghai will provide suggestive ideas for national AIDS legislation.
- Both nonspecialists and specialists in Tillich's theology will find here ideas suggestive for contemporary teaching and preaching.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The deck of cards used in Spain is called the baraja francesa. The four suits are oros, copas, espadas, and bastos, corresponding to diamonds, hearts, spades, and clubs. Each suit has nine numbered cards and three face cards - jack (sota), knight, and king. There is no queen.