Translation of suicide in Spanish:
- 1.1 u and c (act) suicidio (masculine) to commit suicide suicidarse an attempted suicide un intento de suicidio political suicide suicidio político (before noun/delante del nombre) [attempt/pact] de suicidio; [mission/bombing] suicida suicide pilot (in Pacific War) kamikaze (masculine) suicide rate índice (masculine) de suicidiosExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 countable/numerable [literary/literario] (person) suicida (masculine and feminine)
- What should you do if someone your child knows, perhaps a friend or a classmate, has attempted or committed suicide?
- None of their family members had attempted or committed suicide in the preceding year.
- Her father committed suicide, her mother attempted suicide and she is co-founder of the American Foundation of Suicide Prevention.
- Several villages around the cities have also been occupied as the army tries to prevent militants from carrying out suicide bombings.
- In his usual style, he had set up entities to carry out the suicide bomb operations that allowed him to deny responsibility for them.
- They know that no military operation can stop the suicide bombers.
- After, on average, more than twenty-six years, ninety-four per cent of the would-be suicides were either still alive or had died of natural causes.
- Over the years the Humber Bridge has built up an unenviable reputation for attracting would-be suicides.
- It could just be about the world's losers, the failed would-be suicides and all our broken hearts.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Spain, a gestoría is an office that deals with government agencies on behalf of its clients. It is common practice to use a gestoría to avoid the problems of dealing with Spanish bureaucracy, despite the cost involved.