Translation of suicide in Spanish:
- 1.1 uncountable and countable (act) to commit suicide an attempted suicide political suicide(before noun) (attempt/pact)de suicidio(mission/bombing)suicide pilot (in Pacific War) suicide rateíndice (masculine) de suicidiosExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 countable [literary] (person)
- What should you do if someone your child knows, perhaps a friend or a classmate, has attempted or committed suicide?
- None of their family members had attempted or committed suicide in the preceding year.
- Her father committed suicide, her mother attempted suicide and she is co-founder of the American Foundation of Suicide Prevention.
- Several villages around the cities have also been occupied as the army tries to prevent militants from carrying out suicide bombings.
- In his usual style, he had set up entities to carry out the suicide bomb operations that allowed him to deny responsibility for them.
- They know that no military operation can stop the suicide bombers.
- After, on average, more than twenty-six years, ninety-four per cent of the would-be suicides were either still alive or had died of natural causes.
- Over the years the Humber Bridge has built up an unenviable reputation for attracting would-be suicides.
- It could just be about the world's losers, the failed would-be suicides and all our broken hearts.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.